Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement
Effective Date: September 1, 2016
1. Booking Terms: Online Reservations can only be made with a valid credit card, debit card or PayPal account. Your credit card will be charged immediately when making the reservation. On your credit card statement it will show as Via Del Vino, LLC.
1a. Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made at least 2 weeks before the scheduled Half-Day Tours date are fully refundable. Cancellations made less than 2 weeks before the tour date are non-refundable and can only be rescheduled subject to availability. Tours run regardless of weather conditions. Due to the attention and organization that goes into each tour, please take careful note of Our cancellation policies related to Our Food and Wine Half Day Walking Tours:
- Cancellation requests must be communicated to the email address listed in your confirmation email OR by phone no less than 14 calendar days before scheduled departure time to request a refund.
- To request a change to the time or date of a tour on existing reservations, that are at least 14 days before departure, an administration fee of $15 per person may be charged to each such request that the Company approves. No other change requests to time or date permitted.
- Via Del Vino, LLC retains the right to issue refunds at Our discretion due to special circumstances.
Our private tours, group culinary excursions, and other customized tour itineraries are subject to the following booking and cancellation terms:
- Per Person Deposit: A per person deposit of up to 25% of the total tour amount is due at the time of booking. The deposit is non-refundable except where noted.
- Final Payment: The balance is due no less than 60 days prior to the commencement of the tour and is not refundable for cancellations made less than 60 days prior to departure.
- If the services are being booked less than 60 days prior to the commencement of services, payment in full is required and is non-refundable.
- Please note that when one or more travelers (but less than the whole group) cancels, it will, more than likely, affect the package price for the remaining members of the group. Company will notify the remaining travelers of the increased ticket price.
- The Company reserves the right to adjust any price due to currency fluctuations or additional taxes.
- No refunds or credits will be allowed for any unused tour services.
Our private Ski Safari tours are subject to the following booking and cancellation terms:
- Per Person Deposit: A per person deposit of 25% of the total tour amount is due at the time of booking.
- Final Payment: The balance is due no less than 60 days prior to the commencement of the tour.
- In the event of cancelations: At the time we receive written notice that you must cancel your trip, the following fees will apply:60 days or more prior to departure: €200 per participant
30 to 59 days before departure: 50% of total tour cost
15 to 29 days before departure: 75% of total tour cost
Fewer than 15 days before departure: 100% of total tour cost
Via Del Vino, LLC recommends that you purchase a travel protection plan to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. For your convenience, we offer travel protection through Travelex Insurance Services. For more information on the available plans or to enroll, go to www.travelexinsurance.com or contact Travelex Insurance Services at 800-228-9792 and reference location number 30-0294.
Travel Insurance is underwritten by, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company, NAIC #22276. 55Y
2. Hotel accommodations: The hotels provided are as specified on the itinerary that Via Del Vino, LLC provides. Should it become necessary, the Company reserves the right to make substitutions within the same standard or best available. There will be no price adjustments for any necessary substitutions. Unless requesting and paying for a room upgrade, special requests such as smoking, type of bed, etc. will be at the discretion of the hotel management. The assignment of rooms will be done on run-of-the-house basis within the room category paid for. There will be no partial refunds for unused accommodations. Due to early morning flight arrivals, please note that hotels may not be available until early afternoon. All hotel taxes and service charges are included in Our pricing.
3. Not Included in Hotel Pricing: Not included are tips to room maids, in-room consumption, telephone charges, internet connection if not offered free of charge by the hotel, any other charges of a personal nature, and miscellaneous items not listed on the itinerary.
4. Meals and beverages: All meals and wine, when included, are as specified. The choices are previously arranged by Via Del Vino, LLC. Any additional items ordered a-la-carte or outside the previously arranged menus and drinks selections, are at the expense of the tour participant. Our tours are intended to provide a typical cultural, enogastronomic experience. Therefore it is sometimes difficult to accommodate special meal requests. However, if there are any dietary restrictions please advise at the time of booking so that the Company may make the appropriate substitutions to menus wherever possible. No other substitutions will be allowed for any other reason at the time of the meals. Via Del Vino, LLC will not be responsible if specified choices are not available at the time the services are rendered and there will be no refund for unused meals.
5. Transfers: All transfers to sightseeing sites, festivals, meals, etc. are as specified on the itinerary by means of minibus or most appropriate transportation vehicle for the area and the number of participants. Any other transportation required that is not specified in the itinerary as being included will be the responsibility of the passenger. Via Del Vino, LLC will make reasonable efforts to assist but cannot guarantee successful arrangements for any other transportation needs for which passengers will be charged and payment for such transportation to be made prior to services being rendered. Any delay incurred by participants or if for any reason participants are unable to take part in any featured activity of the tour, there will not be any refund of services and Via Del Vino, LLC will assume no responsibility in providing transportation to or from the designated site of such activity.
6. Children: Unless requesting a custom-designed program specifically created to include children-appropriate activities, Via Del Vino’s group culinary excursions and core wine programs are not appropriate for children; there are no children’s discounts available whether the children occupy the parents’ room or a separate room. Via Del Vino’s Food and Wine Half-Day Walking Tours can be adapted to include children. Children’s discounts are reflected in the ticket pricing listed on the Site.
7. Travel Documents and Destination Conditions: Traveler assumes complete and full responsibility for, and hereby releases Via Del Vino, LLC and its members, employees, officers, agents, and designees from any duty of, checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, vaccination, or other entry requirements of each destination, and all safety or security conditions, at such destinations, during the length of the proposed travel.
8. Intellectual Property: All information, content, services and software displayed on, transmitted through, or used in connection with the Site including, for example and without limitation, text, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, video, html, source and object code, trademarks, logos, and the like (collectively, the “Content”), as well as its selection and arrangement, is owned by the Company, and/or the Company’s affiliated entities, licensors and/or suppliers. You may view the Content online only, and solely for your personal, non-commercial use. If you operate a website and wish to link to the Site, you may do so upon prior written notice, to and prior written approval of the Company, provided you agree to immediately cease such link upon request from the Company in each instance. No other use is permitted without prior written permission of the Company in each and every instance. The permitted use described in this paragraph is contingent on your compliance at all times with this Agreement.You may not, without the prior, written approval of the Company: (i) republish any portion of the Content on any Internet, Intranet or extranet site or incorporate the Content in any database, compilation, archive or cache, (ii) distribute any Content to others, whether or not for payment or other consideration, (iii) modify, copy, frame, cache, reproduce, sell, publish, transmit, display or otherwise use any portion of the Content, or (iv) scrape or otherwise copy Our Content without permission. You agree not to decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Site, not to insert any code or product or manipulate the content of the Site in any way that affects the user’s experience, and not to use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method. Requests to use Content for any purpose other than as permitted in this Agreement should be directed to the email address listed below under the heading “Contact Us.”
8a. Infringement Complaints: The Site respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe your rights have been infringed and/or are aware of any infringing material on the Site, please contact the Company at the email address listed below under the heading “Contact Us.”
9. User-Provided Information and Content: By providing information to, communicating with, and/or placing material on the Site (collectively, “User-Provided Content”), you represent and warrant that you, in consideration of being allowed to use the Site, irrevocably and unconditionally grant, transfer and assign all right, title and interest in and to the User-Provided Content to the Company, its affiliates and related entities, including the Site. You represent and warrant that, as a result of this grant, transfer and assignment, you will retain no ownership rights in and to the User-Provided Content whatsoever. You acknowledge and agree that all rights in this paragraph are granted without the need for additional compensation of any sort to you and that you are waiving any claim against the Company, the Site, and the affiliates of the foregoing, arising directly or indirectly out of the User-Provided Content.Without limiting the other provisions of this Agreement in any way, you represent, warrant, acknowledge and agree that: (i) the Company solely owns all Content and User-Provided Content and retains the unfettered right to modify any portion of the Site; and (ii) the Company will, in its sole discretion, be constantly making changes to the Site by modifying, adding or eliminating features, functions and abilities.
10. Transactions and e-commerce on our site: During your visit to the Site you may elect to engage in a transaction involving the purchase of a product or a service. To serve you most efficiently, credit card transactions and order fulfillment may be handled by a third party processing agent, bank or distribution institution. While in most cases transactions are completed without difficulty, there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet or offline. If you’re concerned about online credit card safety, in most cases a telephone number will be made available so you can call the Company and place your order by phone. The Company and the Site cannot take responsibility for the success or security of transactions undertaken or processed by third parties.
On occasion, a product or service may not be available at the time or the price as it appears or is promoted. In such event, or in the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error, technology effort, error in the date or length of publication, or error in pricing or product information received from the Company’s advertisers or suppliers, you agree that the Company and the Site are not responsible for such errors or discrepancies.
11. Communications with Third Parties Through The Site: Your dealings or communications through the Site with any party other than the Company and the Site are solely between you and that third party. For example, certain areas of the Site may allow you to conduct transactions or purchase goods or services. In certain cases, these transactions will be conducted by the Company’s third-party companies and vendors. Under no circumstances will the Company or the Site be liable for any goods, services, resources or content available through such third party dealings or communications, or for any harm related thereto. Please review carefully that third party’s policies and practices and make sure you are comfortable with them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, concerns or questions relating to materials provided by third parties should be forwarded directly to the third party.
During your visit to the Site you may link to, or view as part of a frame, certain content that is actually created or hosted by a third party. You may be introduced to, or be able to access, information, Web sites, advertisements, features, contests or sweepstakes offered by other parties. The Company and the Site are not responsible for the actions or policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable terms of service and privacy policies of those third parties when providing information on such a feature or page.
12. Chat Rooms and Message Boards: You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials (the “Chat Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Chat Content originated. This means that you, and not the Company or the Site, are entirely responsible for all Chat Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Site and its chat rooms, message boards and the like. The Company and the Site do not control the Chat Content posted on the Site and, as such, do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Chat Content. You understand that by using any chat rooms, message boards and the like on the Site, you may be exposed to Chat Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will the Company or the Site be liable in any way for any Chat Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Chat Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Chat Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Site. Without limiting the other provisions of this Agreement in any way, you agree to not use the Site to: (i) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Chat Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (ii) harm minors in any way; (iii) impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Company or Site official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (iv) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Chat Content transmitted through the Site; (v) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Chat Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); (vi) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Chat Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; (vii) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation; (viii) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (ix) disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges; (x) interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site; (xi) Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law; (xii) provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to the Immigration and Nationality Act; (xii) “stalk” or otherwise harass another; and/or (xiii) collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in paragraphs a through m above.You acknowledge that the Company and/or the Site may or may not pre-screen Chat Content, but that Company and the Site shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or move any Chat Content that is available via the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, the Company and the Site shall have the right to remove any Chat Content that violates this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Chat Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Chat Content. You acknowledge, consent and agree that the Company and the Site may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Chat Content if required to do so by law, or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce this Agreement; (c) respond to claims that any Chat Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Company, the Site, Site users and the public.
13. General disclaimer and limitation of liability: While the Company and the site use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, the Company make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the content and assume no liability or responsibility for any error or omission in the content. The Company and the site do not represent or warrant that use of any content will not inadvertently infringe rights of third parties. The Company and the site have no responsibility for actions of third parties or for content provided or posted by others. Use of the site is at your own risk. All content is provided “as is” and “as available.” Neither the Company, the site, nor any of their affiliated or related companies, nor any of the past, present or future employees, officers, agents, content providers or licensors of any of them, makes any representation or warranty of any kind regarding the site, the content, any advertising material, information, products or services available on or through the site, and/or the results that may be obtained from use of the site or such content or services. All express or implied warranties, including without limitation warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, warranties against infringement, and warranties that the site will meet your requirements, be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free, are specifically disclaimed. The Company, the site, and the affiliates of the foregoing are not responsible or liable for content posted by third parties, actions of any third party, or for any damage to, or virus that may infect, your computer equipment or other property.In no event shall the Company or the site, including their affiliates, employees, officers, agents, content providers and licensors, be liable for any indirect, consequential, special, incidental or punitive damages including, without limitation, damages related to unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, the content of the site, or any errors or omissions in the content, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall the Company, the site, or their affiliates, employees, officers, agents, content providers or licensors be liable for any amount for direct damages in excess of $100.
14. Indemnity: You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, the Company and the site, each of their parent and affiliated companies, and each of their respective members, partners, suppliers, licensors, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, designees, representatives, contractors and agents, from any and all claims (including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, trade disparagement, privacy and intellectual property infringement) and damages (including attorneys’ fees and court costs) arising from or relating to any allegation regarding: (1) your use of the site; (2) the Company or the site’s use of any content or information you provide, as long as such use is not inconsistent with this agreement; (3) information or material posted or transmitted through your membership account, even if not posted by you; (4) your participation in any of the food and cultural walking tours offered through the site; and (5) any violation of this agreement by you.
15. Waiver and Release of Claims: Tours. By virtue of purchasing tickets for and/or participating in the food and wine tasting and cultural tours offered by the Company, and in consideration of being allowed to purchase said tickets and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, you understand, acknowledge, represent, warrant and agree as follows, with the knowledge that the Company will rely on same:
A. You desire to participate in the food and wine tasting and cultural tours offered by the Company (the “Tours”);
B. You are in good health and suffer from no minor or serious physical or mental injury, illness or disability that would make you especially susceptible to injury or disability while performing any activity contemplated by this Agreement (including, without limitation, this Section 15);
C. You fully comprehend and accept all of the risks associated with your participation in the Tours including, without limitation, exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, injuries (e.g., without limitation, those arising out of self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, automobiles, pedestrians and the like) and death;
d. You grant to Company and Company’s assigns the irrevocable, sub-licensable right and authority to use your name, likeness, photograph and/or picture for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes now known or later developed in perpetuity throughout the universe without further obligation or compensation to you;
E. Your participation in the tours is at your own sole risk. You, on behalf of yourself and/or any person or entity claiming through or on your behalf, hereby forever and unconditionally release and discharge the Company, the Company’s related and affiliated entities, the present and former employees, owners, officers, members, managers, partners, contractors, insurers, representatives, designess, and agents of the foregoing (including, without limitation, Susan M. Guerra, EZ Tix, Viator) (collectively, “released parties”) from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses in any way arising out of, or resulting from, your participation in the tours, including, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, and liabilities for death, injury, loss or damage to you, to any one else, or to any property, regardless of whether or not such injury, loss or damage was caused by the negligence or willful conduct of the Company or any of the released parties. You, on behalf of yourself and/or any person or entity acting through or on your behalf, further agree to defend and indemnify the released parties, and to hold the released parties harmless, from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) and losses of any kind or nature whatsoever in any way arising out of, or resulting from, your participation in the tours; and
F. This Section 15 is in addition to, and not a limitation of, the other terms and conditions of this Agreement.
16. International Users: The Site is controlled, operated and administered from within the United States. The Company and the Site make no representation that materials, Content, or Chat Content available through the Site are appropriate or available for use outside the United States and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. You may not use the Site or export the Content or Chat Content in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. If you access the Site from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
18. Contact Us: The Company can be reached by contacting: info@VIADELVINO.com (866) 812-1223